The Ultra Spice Race 2022 Solo
We are now shipping to all ALL ZONES across India. Further, NO DELIVERY is permitted in CONTAINMENT ZONES as of now.
THE ULTRA SPICE RACE 2022 - SOLO
The Ultra Spice Race has 1200 km & 600 km race distances with option of solo and team, starting in Bogmalo, Goa. Relay is RAAM style and Solo supported Races of both distances are RAAM Qualifiers, ie Solo racers who finish within stipulated time will qualify for The Race Across America. Racers in these categories must read rules for minimum mandatory requirements of Support Vehicle and Crew.
One may also race Solo in SELF SUPPORTED Category (ie without crew support) which is not a RAAM Qualifier in the 1200 KM distance. Briefly this race format is a Stage Race, Bike Packing style but with Drop Bags and night halt provided.
Ultra Spice Race Schedule
- START DATE: 28th Jan 2022
- START & FINISH: John Seagull, Bogmalo Beach, Goa
- DISTANCE: 600 KM & 1200 KM
- FORMAT: Solo and Team Based relay event
- PRE RACE Formalities: 27th Jan 2022
The Race starts right on the beach, and follows the coast crossing coconut tree lined creeks, before turning inland. Here the route goes through the forest and plantation covered mountains of the south. Different distances expose you to everything from Betel Nut, Pepper and Coffee plantations to tea estates.
ROUTE DETAILS - https://www.inspireindia.net.in/race-route-ultra-spice/
Categories And Timings
SOLO RAAM QUALIFIER
Support Vehicles and crew are mandatory for SOLO RAAM Qualifier and RAAM Style Relay! Solo racers ride the entire distance, while their crew provides them with full support. Categories and Timings are based on Racing Age and Gender. Racing Age is the age each Racer will turn during the calendar year of the race (year of race minus birth year). Solo RQ category Racers in 1200 and 1750KM Qualify for The Race Across America if they finish within the cut off timings.
SOLO SELF SUPPORTED
Inspire India has a New Ultracycling Race format in the Ultra Spice Race Solo SELF SUPPORTED! Enjoy this lush green route on your own steam… No support vehicles, no crew, minimal support from race organisers. Refer to timing chart below. Racing Age is the age each Racer will turn during the calendar year of the race (year of race minus birth year).
PLEASE NOTE SELF SUPPORTED IS NOT A RAAM QUALIFIER.
Ultra Spice 1200 (Solo RQ and TEAM)
Ultra Spice 1200 Self Suppported
Ultra Spice 600 (Solo RQ and TEAM)
Detailed information - https://www.inspireindia.net.in/the-ultra-spice-race/
Rules & Regulations
- Safety of all persons involved
- Running a Clean and Healthy race with a level playing field for all
- Creating a Race of International standards
- Protecting Race integrity and reputation
(The guiding principles will dictate decision making by the Race Committee on any issue not specifically covered in these rules)
DOWNLOAD Draft RULES & REGULATIONS - https://www.inspireindia.net.in/usr-rules-and-regulations/
READ MANDATORY PRE RACE REQUIREMENTS - https://www.inspireindia.net.in/pre-race-mandatory-requirements/
Terms & Conditions
I/We accept the following TERMS AND CONDITIONS for participating in an INSPIRE INDIA organised Ultra Race.
1. I/We have read and agree to abide by the Race Rules and Regulations.
2. I/We agree to comply with the traffic and road laws and regulations of India.
3. I/We fully understand and agree that I/We am/are entering this event entirely at my/our own risk and accept without exception full and complete liability for all and any risks and will not hold responsible nor make claims against Inspire India, any of the participants or organizer, its committee members, agents or servants for any loss, damage or injury however caused in relation to my/our participation in this event.
4. I/We understand and fully accept the rights of the Race Officials to take decisions based on perceived risk to health and safety and to stop any racer or crew from continuing.
5. I/We understand that when I/We am/are riding a bicycle, I/We am/are required to wear a helmet at all times during the event.
6. I/We understand that I/We am/are required to comply with all the safety requirements set out in the Race Rules.
7. Participation in the Event is subject to Approval from Inspire India Team after Payment of Registration fees. I/We understand that Inspire India reserves the right to refuse or cancel my/our registration, and will refund the registration fees after deductions for Payment Gateway Process.
8. I/We understand that fees once paid will not be refunded under any other circumstance, including a cancellation of event in the current situation of 2021-2022. (detail terms and conditions below)
9. I/We agree to sign the waiver form and submit the required information and documents at the time of Pre-Race Registration prior to the Race.
10. I/We understand that any attempt at cheating (as determined by the race officials) if proven, will result in immediate disqualification.
11. I/We agree to make the Payment of Registration fees as per the event tickets.
12. I/We understand that my/our Participation will be cancelled without refund for non completion of Mandatory Pre Race Registration formalities, vehicle inspection or non attendance of pre-race briefing at the appointed time.
13. I/We understand that Inspire India reserves the right to cancel any category in the event due to low participation. Option to change race category or roll over the fees to another event will be offered to registered participant.
14. I/We agree to take insurance for all members of the team, racers and crew, as per advice of Inspire India team.
Additional Terms And Conditions for Events in 2021-22 WRT unusual circumstances of 2021-22
1. I/We understand that this is a long distance event and currently there are unpredictable restrictions on travel to Race Start and on Race Route. If a situation arises, travel restrictions are applied or any other scenario requires the event to be cancelled or postponed, Registration fees will not be refunded, nor transferred to any other participant, but may be rolled over as defined below.
2. In that case, a % of Fees (as per pts #3 & 4) will be rolled over to be used to participate in any of Inspire India's events for upto 2 years, ie up till Great Himalayan 2023 but the difference in fees will have to be paid by participant.
3. In case the event has to be cancelled between 3 to 6 weeks before the event date, 75% fees will be rolled over as described in pt #2
4. In case the event has to be cancelled between event date and 3 weeks before the event date, 50% fees will be rolled over as described in pt #2
5. In case a participant is unable to travel to the race start, they need to provide a copy of govt issued guidelines or travel restrictions and the same conditions for roll over will apply as in pts #2-4
6. All participants and their respective crew accept unconditionally, all responsibility for their own health wrt any and all situation!
7. All participants and their respective crew agree to abide by health norms as directed by the pertinent authorities at all times during the event!
Ultra Spice RQ and RAAM Style Relay fees include Event Jersey for participants, Medal, Awards (as applicable), Participants and Crew Tea gathering (pre-race briefing) and all race signage.
Ultra Spice Self Supported fees include Drop Bag ferry as in Rules, shared rooms for night halt during race only (not at start/finish) in addition to Event Jersey for participant, Medal, Awards (as applicable), Participants Tea gathering (pre-race briefing)
Fees do not include accommodation at start, finish or on route (except as noted specifically for race and category). All vehicle, crew expenses, food and beverage expenses are to be managed by Participants.
Please Read Detailed T & C BEFORE REGISTRATION - https://www.inspireindia.net.in/registrations/
Join the Facebook Group - https://www.facebook.com/groups/591708987564272