THE ULTRA SPICE RACE 2019 Solo
THE ULTRA SPICE RACE 600, 1000 & 1750 km - Solo
India’s longest RAAM Qualifier Ultra race is in it’s 3rd edition. The race takes one through the verdant green forest and plantation covered mountains of the south. Comprising solo and relay team categories, all races start from Bogmalo beach, Goa and head towards Ooty through Chikmagalur, Coorg and Wayanad. The Relay event is RAAM style, and all 3 distances Solo Races are RAAM Qualifier. All racers in all categories must have support vehicles and crew.
The races are also on the Ultracycling (UMCA) calendar. Solo Racers who complete within the time limit will be qualified for the world’s toughest bicycle race – Race Across America
For draft (2017) Rules and Regulations download PDF at- https://www.inspire-india.in/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/UltraSpiceRaceRulesRegulations.pdf
Follow Facebook Event page for updates – https://www.facebook.com/events/251963828707592
Detailed Event Schedule
DATE: 26th Jan 2019
START: 6am – Bogmalo Goa
DISTANCE: 600, 1000 & 1750 Km
FORMAT: Solo event and Team Based relay event
FINISH: Bogmalo Beach, Goa – between 27th and 31st Jan
Briefing: 4pm 25th Jan 2019
PRE RACE: Inspections 24th – 25th Jan 2019
The Race starts right on the beach, and follows the coast crossing coconut tree lined creeks, before turning inland. Here the route goes through the forest and plantation covered mountains of the south. Different distances expose you to everything from Betel Nut, Pepper and Coffee plantations to tea estates. The route returns again along the coast to finish back on the beach.
Route Details – https://www.inspire-india.in/race-route-ultra-spice/
The Route is subject to changes that will be announced post route recce in late December.
Categories And Timings
SOLO is just that…. Solo! Solo racers ride the entire distance, while their crew provides them with full support. Categories and Timings are based on Racing Age and Gender. Racing Age is the age each Racer will turn during the calendar year of the race (year of race minus birth year). Solo Racers at The Deccan Cliffhanger Qualify for The Race Across America if they finish within the RQ timings.
The Ride option is for riders attempting to ride The Deccan Cliffhanger solo, who do not complete within RQ timings. All riders who complete the route within their time limit of 38hrs will receive the Finisher’s Award, but will not be qualified for RAAM.
|Distance||Men 18-49||Women 18-49||Men 50+||Women 50+|
|Ultra Spice 600||30 hrs||32 hrs||32 hrs||32 hrs|
|Ultra Spice 1000||56 hrs||60 hrs||60 hrs||60 hrs|
|Ultra Spice 1750||120 hrs||128 hrs||128 hrs||128 hrs|
RQ – Is the RAAM Qualifier timing as listed above.
Solo participants must have a Road bike as their primary bike, but may keep an MTB or a Hybrid as a back up or as secondary bike.
All Participants will receive a Medal on completion of the route.
There are no bicycle categories at this time. Special bikes will be considered and ruled upon by the Race Advisor.
RELAY TEAM CATEGORY
The Ultra Spice may also be raced in team, which is not a RAAM Qualifier but a RAAM style event. The team event is a relay, not a peloton of 2, 3 or 4 members. Team members take turns riding, while other/s rest in the support vehicle and move up the road. Teams have the freedom to decide how often you swap riders, how long each member rides and how much distance each covers.
To register for TEAM
About Inspire India
Ultracycle Races – Setting International standards in India, Creating Legacies!
Inspire India organizes Race Across America (RAAM) Qualifiers in India with a mission is to create challenging International standard cycle races in India. Starting with the Deccan Cliffhanger in Feb 2014, Inspire India has lived up to it’s promise of providing Indian ultracyclists an opportunity to evolve into world class athletes.
Read More - https://www.inspire-india.in/about/
With three International Ultra Races to choose from, Inspire India offers a variety of endurance challenges in India, giving India Ultra Racers an opportunity to prepare for the toughest of the worlds Ultra Races! All three are on the Race Across America Qualifying race calendar and the Ultramarathon Cycling Association International calendar.
World’s Highest Ultracycle Race – The world’s highest Ultracycle Race… With a start point elevation of 3500 Mts in Leh, there are 2 distances to choose from 444 Kms and 600 Kms. - THE GREAT HIMALAYAN ULTRA
India’s best known Ultracycle Race – Inspire India’s Signature event, 640 Kms that heads over the Sahyadri mountains to the beach at Goa is in it’s 6th edition. - THE DECCAN CLIFFHANGER
India’s Longest Ultracycle Race – A beautiful, tough, 5 day race starting and finishing in Goa, and heading through the spice, coffee and tea plantations of the south of India. With 3 distances to choose from, 600 Km, 1000 km and 1750 km. - The ULTRA SPICE RACE
The UTLRA SPICE RACE 600, 1000 & 1750 km – 3rd edition
Rules & Regulations
For Draft Rules and Regulations download PDF at- https://www.inspire-india.in/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/UltraSpiceRaceRulesRegulations.pdf
- Safety of all persons involved
- Running a Clean and Healthy race with a level playing field for all
- Creating a Race of International standards
- Protecting Race integrity and reputation
(The guiding principles will dictate decision making by the Race Committee on any issue not specifically covered in these rules).
- Solo riders and Team Leaders need to fill in the form for their respective Category on Wizbiker
- You need to have scanned copies of Age and ID proof of each rider ready for uploading.
- You also need to have all information of each rider ready, email, ph no., Blood group, Date of Birth and emergency contact details of Solo Rider or Team Leader.
- After Inspire India Team has approved your participation you will receive an approval email, confirming your participation in the Ultra Spice Race 3rd edition – 26th Jan 2019
Registration Fees include Participants’ Jersey (1 per participant), Finishers’ Medals and pre-race get together with refreshments.
Terms & Conditions
I/We accept the following TERMS AND CONDITIONS for participating in the Ultra Spice Race 2019 organised by INSPIRE INDIA.
- I/We have read and agree to abide by the Race Rules and Regulations.
- I/We agree to comply with the traffic and road laws and regulations of India.
- I/We fully understand and agree that I/We am/are entering this event entirely at my/our own risk and accept without exception full and complete liability for all and any risks and will not hold responsible nor make claims against Inspire India, any of the participants or organizer, its committee members, agents or servants for any loss, damage or injury however caused in relation to my/our participation in this event.
- I/We understand and fully accept the rights of the Race Officials to take decisions based on perceived risk to health and safety and to stop any racer or crew from continuing.
- I/We understand that when I/We am/are riding a bicycle, I/We am/are required to wear a helmet at all times during the event.
- I/We understand that I/We am/are required to comply with all the safety requirements set out in the Race Rules.
- I/We understand that Inspire India reserves the right to refuse or cancel my/our registration, and will refund the registration fees after deductions for Payment Gateway Process.
- I/We understand that fees once paid will not be refunded under any other circumstance. Only in case organizers are forced to cancel the event will fees be refunded after deduction for operational expenses.
- I/We agree to sign the waiver form and submit the required information and documents at the time of Pre-Race Registration prior to the Race.
- I/We understand that any attempt at cheating (as determined by the race officials) if proven, will result in immediate disqualification.
- I/We agree to make the Payment of Registration fees as per the event tickets.
- Participation in the Event is subject to Approval from Inspire India Team after Payment of Registration fees.
- I/We understand that my/our Participation will be cancelled without refund for non completion of Mandatory Pre Race Registration formalities, vehicle inspection or non attendance of pre-race briefing at the appointed time.