Tour Of Thekkady
Tour of Thekkady 2023 (ToT '23)
The KEG Bikers welcomes you to "Tour of Thekkady 2023" (ToT '23), a 160km, 3000m cycling event that features both individual and team categories. Beginning from Kottayam town, ToT '23 will take you through the scenic routes via Idukki dam to Thekkady.
ROUTE DETAILS – Kottayam – Ettumanoor – Pala – Neeloor – Muttom – Kulamavu Dam – Idukki Dam – Kattappana – Thekkady. (The final route gpx file to be updated later)
Tour of Thekkady 2023 Overview:
Start Date: 11th March 2023 0500 Hrs
Start: Shastri Road, Kottayam.
Distance: 160 km
Duration: 16 hours.
Format: Team and individual events
Pre-Event formalities: 10th March evening at Kottayam
Eligibility: All participants must be above 18 years of age.
Equipment: only manually driven pedal bi-cycles are allowed.
Registration Fees include:
Certificates, medals, minimal essential support, refreshment at the end of the ride, on-call ambulance emergency support.
Tour of Thekkady 2023 Jersey:
Event Jersey (choice of race fit or club fit) is available at a discounted price by paying an extra fee of Rs.750 at the time of registration. The actual cost of the jersey is more than Rs.1500.
*Event with Jersey Option +750 is not available after 26th feb 2023.
NOTE* - In event options: If you opt for only the event option, please do not select jersey size. Still, if you want to purchase the jersey, kindly contact the event organiser.
- All finishers get the Tour of Thekkady 2023 medal.
- All finishers get The Tour of Thekkady 2023 completion certificate.
- Attractive prizes for top 3 positions in Team and individual categories. (a rider can be considered for only one category)
- All individual riders are eligible for individual category prizes.
- Individual riders are self – supported.
- minimum tech support provided.
- Personal support team permitted at own cost
- A team can have a maximum of 4 riders and at least 3 riders must finish.
- All 4 riders must start the ride, but only the first finishing 3 riders will be considered for calculating team points, and the 4th rider is considered as a substitute.
- Penalty point system is followed to find the team winner (rider rank = rider point). Team with the least total penalty points is the winner.
- Team can have support vehicles / crew. maximum of 2 crew members and one vehicle allowed per team.
- Support vehicles are not allowed to tag or ride along with riders. They have to be stationed at any of the prescribed control points. Any support during the ride for a rider must be with permission of ride officials.
- All expenses of the support crew including boarding and food must be borne by the teams themselves and not included in the event registration fee.
Bag Drop facility: bag drop facility for essential items (less than 2Kg, small bags) from Kottayam to Thekkady. Next day return to Kottayam for collection.
Suggestions for return from Thekkady: Return to Kottayam post event is the sole responsibility of riders. Easiest way is to ride back to Kottayam starting position via Kuttikanam (KK Road - 110km), mostly downhills and rolling small hills.
Stay at Thekkady: Accommodation is not included in the registration fee. Thekkady is an ideal tourist destination of Kerala and many hotels of various budget sizes available for rent. We strongly request riders to book the hotels early.
Terms & Conditions / Rules and regulations
I/We accept the following TERMS AND CONDITIONS for participating in the Tour of Thekkady 2023:
- 1/We are 18 years or above legal age.
- I/We have read and agree to abide by the Race Rules and Regulations.
- I/We agree to comply with the traffic and road laws and regulations of India.
- I/We fully understand and agree that I/We am/are entering this event entirely at my/our own risk and accept without exception full and complete liability for all and any risks and will not hold responsible nor make claims against KEG Bikers, any of the participants or organizer, its committee members, agents or servants for any loss, damage or injury however caused in relation to my/our participation in this event.
- I/We understand and fully accept the rights of the Event Officials to take decisions based on perceived risk to health and safety and to stop any rider or crew from continuing.
- I/We understand that when I/We am/are riding a bicycle, I/We am/are required to wear a helmet, use rear blinkers, use front light, and wear a reflective vest at all times during the event.
- I/We understand that I/We am/are required to comply with all the safety requirements set out in the event Rules.
- Participation in the Event is subject to Approval from KEG Bikers after Payment of Registration fees. I/We understand that KEG Bikers reserves the right to refuse or cancel my/our registration and will refund the registration fees after deductions of Payment Gateway processing charges.
- I/We agree to sign the waiver form and submit the required information and documents at the time of Pre-event Registration prior to the event.
- I/We understand that any attempt at cheating (as determined by the event officials) if proven, will result in immediate disqualification.
- I/We agree to make the Payment of Registration fees as per the event tickets.
- I/We understand that my/our Participation will be cancelled without refund for non-completion of Mandatory Pre event Registration formalities, equipment inspection or non-attendance of pre-race briefing at the appointed time.
- I/We understand that KEG Bikers reserves the right to cancel any category in the event due to low participation. Option to change category or a refund (less payment charges) will be provided to the rider.
- I/We agree to take insurance for all members of the team, riders, and crew.
- No refund for cancellation after 1st March 2023.
- All participants and their respective crew accept unconditionally, all responsibility for their own health with respect to any and all situations!
- All participants and their respective crew agree to abide by health norms as directed by the pertinent authorities at all times during.
KEG Bikers (Kottayam Endurance Group Bikers) is a group of passionate cyclists in Kerala based out of Kottayam district. We intend to bring many interesting cycling events to the benefit of cyclists in India.
Follow us on: