The Great Himalayan Ultra 2022 - 2 Person Relay
The Great Himalayan Ultra 2022 - 2 Person Relay
The Great Himalayan is the World’s Highest Ultra Cycle race. With 2 distance options available to relay racers, racers can choose to race from:
1. 600km Ultra Solo RAAM Style Relay, or
2. 900km Extreme RAAM RAAM Style Relay
All the races start and end in Leh.
Detailed description of each of the formats can be found on: https://www.inspireindia.net.in/great-himalayan-ultra
All the races are also featured on the World Ultra Cycling Association (WUCA) Calendar.
Full details about the Rules and Regulations and the Mandatory Pre-race Requirements can be found on https://www.inspireindia.net.in/great-himalayan-ultra
Location: Leh, Ladakh, India
Distance: 600km RAAM Style Relay, 900km RAAM Style Relay
Detailed Event Schedule:
- Friday 12 August (14 days before start) - Mandatory Reporting for 900 KM Racers for Acclimatisation
- Tuesday 16 August (10 days before start) - Mandatory Reporting for 600 and 444 KM Racers for Acclimatisation
- Friday 19 August (1 week before start) - Mandatory Reporting for 900 KM Crew for Acclimatisation (same for Officials)
- Sunday 21 August (5 days before start) - Mandatory Reporting for 600 and 444 KM Crew for Acclimatisation (same for Officials)
- Wednesday 24 August & Thursday 25 August - All Races Inspection
- Friday 26 August - 900km Race Start (Extreme version)
- Saturday 27 August - 600km Race (Ultra version) and 444km Self Supported Start
- Sunday 28 August evening to Monday 29 August early morning - All Races Finish
- Monday 29 August noon onwards - Awards Ceremony and Lunch Party
600km Ultra: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/27274410
900km Extreme: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/29460767
The 600km Ultra and the 900km Extreme are crew-supported events and racers need to arrange for their own crew members. Crew registration tickets are now available on Wizbiker. Racers will need to buy crew registration tickets all crew members. Please visit the ticket page to check the minimum crew requirement for your specific race format along with the inclusions. In order to complete registration, racers need to buy at least the minimum specified tickets at the time of registration. Racers can choose to buy additional tickets later, or at the pre-race venue.
Crew Registrations Tickets can be purchased here: https://www.events.wizbiker.com/the-great-himalayan-ultra-2022-crew-registration
About Inspire India
Ultracycle Races – Setting International standards in India, Creating Legacies!
Inspire India organizes Race Across America (RAAM) Qualifiers in India with a mission is to create challenging International standard cycle races in India. Starting with the Deccan Cliffhanger in Feb 2014, Inspire India has lived up to its promise of providing Indian ultracyclists an opportunity to evolve into world class athletes.
Read More - https://www.inspireindia.net.in/
Inspire India EVENTS
With three International Ultra Races to choose from, Inspire India offers a variety of endurance challenges in India, giving India Ultra Racers an opportunity to prepare for the toughest of the worlds Ultra Races! All three are on the Race Across America (RAAM) Qualifying race calendar and the World Ultra Cycling Association (WUCA) calendar.
World’s Highest Ultracycle Race – The world’s highest Ultracycle Race… With a start point elevation of 3500 Mts in Leh, there are 2 distances to choose from 444 Kms, 600 Kms and 900 Kms - THE GREAT HIMALAYAN ULTRA
India’s best known Ultracycle Race – Inspire India’s Signature event, 640 Kms that heads over the Sahyadri mountains to the beach at Goa is in its 9th edition. - THE DECCAN CLIFFHANGER
India’s Longest Ultracycle Race – A beautiful, tough, 5 day race starting and finishing in Goa, and heading through the spice, coffee and tea plantations of the south of India. With 3 distances to choose from, 600 Km, 1200 km and 1750 km - The ULTRA SPICE RACE
Terms & Conditions
I/We accept the following TERMS AND CONDITIONS for participating in an INSPIRE INDIA organised Ultra Race.
1. I/We have read and agree to abide by the Race Rules and Regulations.
2. I/We agree to comply with the traffic and road laws and regulations of India.
3. I/We fully understand and agree that I/We am/are entering this event entirely at my/our own risk and accept without exception full and complete liability for all and any risks and will not hold responsible nor make claims against Inspire India, any of the participants or organizer, its committee members, agents or servants for any loss, damage or injury however caused in relation to my/our participation in this event.
4. I/We understand and fully accept the rights of the Race Officials to take decisions based on perceived risk to health and safety and to stop any racer or crew from continuing.
5. I/We understand that when I/We am/are riding a bicycle, I/We am/are required to wear a helmet at all times during the event.
6. I/We understand that I/We am/are required to comply with all the safety requirements set out in the Race Rules.
7. Participation in the Event is subject to Approval from Inspire India Team after Payment of Registration fees. I/We understand that Inspire India reserves the right to refuse or cancel my/our registration, and will refund the registration fees after deductions for Payment Gateway Process.
8. I/We understand that fees once paid will not be refunded under any other circumstance, including a cancellation of event in the current situation of the COVID-19 Pandemic. (Detailed terms and conditions below)
9. I/We agree to sign the waiver form and submit the required information and documents at the time of Pre-Race Registration prior to the Race.
10. I/We understand that any attempt at cheating (as determined by the race officials) if proven, will result in immediate disqualification.
11. I/We agree to make the Payment of Registration fees as per the event tickets.
12. I/We understand that my/our Participation will be cancelled without refund for non-completion of Mandatory Pre-Race Registration formalities, vehicle inspection, bike inspections and/or non-attendance of pre-race briefing at the appointed time.
13. I/We understand that Inspire India reserves the right to cancel any category in the event due to low participation. Option to change race category or roll over the fees to another event will be offered to registered participant.
14. I/We agree to take insurance for all members of the team, racers, and crew, as per advice of Inspire India team.
15. Great Himalayan Registrations will OPEN shortly and close on 15th August 2021
16. I/We understand that there are NO late fees, however for all registrations done after 1st Aug 2022 the Event Jersey in my/our size may not be available.
17. I/We understand that this is a High-Altitude Race and comes with a possibility of increased risk to my health and the health of my crew.
18. I/We understand that in the event of any health issue related to high altitude that may require evacuation, I/We take full responsibility of expenses incurred.
Additional Terms And Conditions for Great Himalayan 2022 WRT unusual circumstances of 2021-22
1. I/We understand that this is a long distance event and currently there are no restrictions to travel to Race Start. However, if a situation arises, travel restrictions are applied or any other scenario requires the event to be cancelled or postponed, Registration fees will not be refunded, nor transferred to any other participant, but may be rolled over as defined below.
2. % of Fees (as per pts #3/4/5 below) will be rolled over to be used to participate in any of Inspire India’s events for up to 2 years, i.e. up till Great Himalayan 2024 but the difference in fees will have to be paid by participant.
3. In case the event must be cancelled more than 6 weeks before the event date, 100% fees will be rolled over as described in pt. #2 of the Additional Terms and Conditions.
4. In case the event must be cancelled between 3 to 6 weeks before the event date, 75% fees will be rolled over as described in pt. #2 of the Additional Terms and Conditions.
5. In case the event must be cancelled between event date and 3 weeks before the event date, 50% fees will be rolled over as described in pt. #2 of the Additional Terms and Conditions.
6. In case a participant is unable to travel to the race start, they need to provide a copy of govt issued guidelines or travel restrictions and the same conditions for roll over will apply as in pt. #2 of the Additional Terms and Conditions.
7. I/We as participants and My/Our respective crew accept unconditionally, all responsibility for their own health with respect to any and all situations.
8. I/We as participants and My/Our respective crew agree to abide by health norms as directed by the pertinent authorities at all times during the event.
Please read detailed event Rules and Regulations and Mandatory Pre-Race Requirements at https://www.inspireindia.net.in/great-himalayan-ultra